We Miss You, JR!

We Miss You, JR!
To view the videos - it will be helpful to scroll down and hit PAUSE to the music located at the bottom of the page!

Memorial Service Photos

Blessed Hope

Here is the message written by JR's dad. He read at the Memorial service and some didn't get to hear it:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; reads “Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”

“This day is the most painful and difficult day in our lives because of the death of our son JR, our only son. I cannot understand and cannot comprehend why. I have so many questions that no one knows the answer, only God knows. But who am I to question God and His will. Who am I? He giveth life, and he taketh. I have no control of this tragic and unexpected event.

I felt the pain of our God, the Father when His only Son died on the cross for our sins. Death is the result of sin. When we were born we inherited this sin from our ancestors (Adam and Eve). The Father can send angels to save His dying Son, but because this is His will, His Son died for our sin. Even though it’s hard for Him, He did not intervene to save His son from dying.

In similar passion, we prayed to God, the Father to intervene and asked to save my son JR, my only son from dying. He can send angels and make a miracle to save my son, but instead, he took our son’s last breath and died. I believe that this is God’s will. I cannot do anything; it’s very very hard to accept the fact that JR my son has gone to sleep. The separation is so hard to bear, but I still praise and thank God for loaning and giving JR to us. It’s short 9 ½ years, but those years were the happiest moments of our life. JR is the apple of our eyes, the candle light that shine in our life and now he is gone. But, we have this hope, Our Blessed Hope that when Jesus, our Savior return in second coming, the angels who supposed to save my some JR from dying, now; those angels will return our son to us completely whole, without sickness, pain and suffering, no more tears and will be with us forever and ever.

Let me tell you something about my son JR. He always has a smile on his face. He never says anything bad. He obeys and respects me. He is my best friend and loves to be with me. He wants to be a millionaire so he can help the needy. He wants to be a pastor and preach Jesus around the world. He wants to be an author and write books. He loves to learn and asks so many questions. He always offers to help. He loves reading his Bible.

We always do things together and we have this father and son bond that you cannot believe. We prayed every night together. We prayed to God that his asthma and skin eczema will be healed and be completely gone, to have sweet dream and to protect him with Holy angels and wake up in the morning so that we can praise God. He loves Jesus. I cannot remember any night that he did not kiss me before he goes to bed. Monday night July 14 was the last one; he passed away Tuesday July 15, 2008. Our home will never be the same without him.

My son loves sports like bowling, basketball, putt-putt (mini-golf); swimming. He can do a split (he’s very flexible). He likes movies such Avatar, Spongebob Squarepants; Transformers and Scooby-Doo.

My son JR taught us a lesson, not only us his parents but also everyone that he met. The lesson is: To show Love and Respect to both young and old. He showed love and respect to anybody he encountered. He was so open to them. He touched so many lives and hugs anybody with compassion and authentic love.

Now my advice to you all parents is NEVER stop saying “ I Love You” to your children. I always reminded JR that I love him. I always told him: JR, I love you and you are my best friend. He knows that even until the last moment of his life. He passed out on my arms and keep telling him the word I Love You every second. I missed him so much. JR, my son, my only son. Until we meet again. I am praying that it will be really really soon".

Ruel Lipat

JR's Life Slide Show

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To JR

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Lipat,
Let me begin by expressing my sadness for your loss. I want you to know that you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers since I learned of the passing of JR.
I feel honored that you have asked me to be a part of such an important memory. It has taken me a little time to begin to think about what I wanted to say.
As I reflect back on the year JR was in kindergarten I think aobut his friendship with Andrew Snelgrove. They really were kindergarten friends, very different but very close. JR was a very sweet five year old wanting to be friends with everybody. He had the biggest smile and seemed to wear it every day.
He was dedicated to his learning and wanted to be a successful learner. He tried to do his best and showed in his work. As you had stated he wanted a talent well I think he had one and did not realize it, we did... He had the special talent to make people smile and feel good. When I look at the picture on your letter that is how I remember JR. I loved to watch him as he looked at you with that bright smile and beautiful eyes.
Again let me say thank you for including me in your lives and know that I will keep you in my prayers. The loss of a loved one is very difficult but I want you to know that God is with you an one day we will be together in his presence.
Joyous kindergartener
Often caught looking over his glasses at you
Son
Helping hand to everyone in kindergarten
Under God's presence
Always a Friend
God Bless.
Mrs. Candy Walsh

No comments: