We Miss You, JR!

We Miss You, JR!
To view the videos - it will be helpful to scroll down and hit PAUSE to the music located at the bottom of the page!

Memorial Service Photos

Blessed Hope

Here is the message written by JR's dad. He read at the Memorial service and some didn't get to hear it:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; reads “Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”

“This day is the most painful and difficult day in our lives because of the death of our son JR, our only son. I cannot understand and cannot comprehend why. I have so many questions that no one knows the answer, only God knows. But who am I to question God and His will. Who am I? He giveth life, and he taketh. I have no control of this tragic and unexpected event.

I felt the pain of our God, the Father when His only Son died on the cross for our sins. Death is the result of sin. When we were born we inherited this sin from our ancestors (Adam and Eve). The Father can send angels to save His dying Son, but because this is His will, His Son died for our sin. Even though it’s hard for Him, He did not intervene to save His son from dying.

In similar passion, we prayed to God, the Father to intervene and asked to save my son JR, my only son from dying. He can send angels and make a miracle to save my son, but instead, he took our son’s last breath and died. I believe that this is God’s will. I cannot do anything; it’s very very hard to accept the fact that JR my son has gone to sleep. The separation is so hard to bear, but I still praise and thank God for loaning and giving JR to us. It’s short 9 ½ years, but those years were the happiest moments of our life. JR is the apple of our eyes, the candle light that shine in our life and now he is gone. But, we have this hope, Our Blessed Hope that when Jesus, our Savior return in second coming, the angels who supposed to save my some JR from dying, now; those angels will return our son to us completely whole, without sickness, pain and suffering, no more tears and will be with us forever and ever.

Let me tell you something about my son JR. He always has a smile on his face. He never says anything bad. He obeys and respects me. He is my best friend and loves to be with me. He wants to be a millionaire so he can help the needy. He wants to be a pastor and preach Jesus around the world. He wants to be an author and write books. He loves to learn and asks so many questions. He always offers to help. He loves reading his Bible.

We always do things together and we have this father and son bond that you cannot believe. We prayed every night together. We prayed to God that his asthma and skin eczema will be healed and be completely gone, to have sweet dream and to protect him with Holy angels and wake up in the morning so that we can praise God. He loves Jesus. I cannot remember any night that he did not kiss me before he goes to bed. Monday night July 14 was the last one; he passed away Tuesday July 15, 2008. Our home will never be the same without him.

My son loves sports like bowling, basketball, putt-putt (mini-golf); swimming. He can do a split (he’s very flexible). He likes movies such Avatar, Spongebob Squarepants; Transformers and Scooby-Doo.

My son JR taught us a lesson, not only us his parents but also everyone that he met. The lesson is: To show Love and Respect to both young and old. He showed love and respect to anybody he encountered. He was so open to them. He touched so many lives and hugs anybody with compassion and authentic love.

Now my advice to you all parents is NEVER stop saying “ I Love You” to your children. I always reminded JR that I love him. I always told him: JR, I love you and you are my best friend. He knows that even until the last moment of his life. He passed out on my arms and keep telling him the word I Love You every second. I missed him so much. JR, my son, my only son. Until we meet again. I am praying that it will be really really soon".

Ruel Lipat

JR's Life Slide Show

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dear JR


Dear JR I wanted to tell you how much you mean to me, how much I have cried and laughed during you 9 1/2 years of life. You are so many things.


We moved into Garden Pond, next door to your parents and sisters in Aprill 1998. I knew no one in SC. Your mom became my first and greatest friend in SC. The following month I found out I was pregnant. I said to your mom " You should have a baby, too, so we can be pregnant together!" She said she was too old! The following month she came over to tell me she was pregnant! She was excited. Even more so when she found out that she was having a boy-You! Danielle was born on Jan. 14. Three weeks later on Feb.8th, you were born. You were so little and handsome!

YOU ARE JOSHUA RUEL LIPAT!


When you were 6 weeks old, your mom asked if I could keep you and Eunice a few days a week. I accepted. At first you cried a lot! I would hold you and sing to you or just hug you and tell you it will be alright. You were very young when you developed the skin, asthma and allergies. You would scratch your your skin so raw that it would ooze. I would pray for you every night. Your mom, dad, and Ivy did what they could to make you comfortable-baths,lotions,breathing treatments. I remember your dad telling me he was taking a a week off work to a doctor to help you. He askin for our prayers for you. You still managed to be a smiling little boy when you were physically hurting.
YOU ARE LIKE JOB IN THE BIBLE, PATIENT!
We watch you and Danielle crawl, walk, and talk. It warmed my heart when you learned to say " I Love you, Ms. Debbie."
YOU ARE A COMFORTER!
Luz told me that you started including me in your prayers at bedtime.
YOU ARE A PRAYER WARRIOR!
You taught my family some tagalog. Cockroach is an ipis, mother is eni, Danielle still uses ipis when she sees one.
YOU ARE A TEACHER!
You were always creative. One time you and Danielle cut each others hair. After both of you getting in trouble, I took a picture of you two sporting your new haircuts with huge grins.
YOU ARE CREATIVE!
When we built a workshop in our backyard, Ruel helped. Of course you were right there indently watching. During the construction, you would ask Dan several times, " Mr. Dan is that for my and Danielle to live in?" You two were best pals.
YOU ARE A COMEDIAN!
When you started 4 year old kindergarten, you said how much you missed Danielle and you wish she could go with you. Danielle finally went to the morning class, while you were in the afternoon class. Sometimes your mom would bring you over while Danielle was in school to just to visit with me. One day you asked me, "Will you be my other mother?"
YOU ARE AN ENCOURAGER!
The Lipat and Dreher celebrated many birthdays, holidays, and other occasions throughout the years at each others homes, Chuck E. Cheese and the bowling alley. We spent many of your birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese. Your family introduced my family to pizza with pineapple and onions. You loved to play the games there!
YOU ARE HAPPY!
You liked to draw! One time you came over to the house with a poster board as big as you. You and Danielle drew and colored on it all day and gave it to Mr. Dan. You were always thinking of others's feelings! We still have that poster board some 5 years later. I always had your art work on the refrigerator next to Danielle's.
YOU ARE AN ARTIST!
I remember one time after your mom came back from the Philippine; she brought back a traditional Philipina Dress Shirt for your dad and you! Your dad was so proud how you looked in your matching shirts he had to bring you over for us to see.
YOU ARE HANDSOME!
In May 2005, I found out that I was pregnant again. When I found out it was a boy, you would pat my tummy and ask, "A boy like me, Ms. Debbie?" I would answer, "Yes, JR, I hope just like you!" I would tell your mom I prayed he would be handsome and sweet like you!
YOU ARE SWEET!
JR, you were always at your dad's side. Dan showed Ruel how to lay wood flooring. You were there taking note and asking to help!
YOU ARE A HELPER!
IN 2005, your dad had to find another job. We prayed that he would find something in the area. He eventually found something in Charleston. He would drive an hour each way. Then your parents told us they were moving to Summerville. Danielle cried for days. She said that her 1st best friend of her life is moving away. The day after you moved, she headed right out the door saying, " I am going to JR's." The door opened immediately. "That's right! The do not live there anymore." I jokingly told you that I was keeping you to live with me. I could not imagine my life without you and your family!
YOU ARE PRECIOUS!
Eunice, I have always called her that, called me about 3:30 on July 16,2008. She said, "Ms. Debbie, I have somthing to tell you. JR is gone!" I did not understand. She told me of the asthma attack and the hospital trip. I havenever cried so much in my life. We drove to Summerville to with you parents that night! I have continued to cry for many reasons; your parent's loss, your family's loss, your church, when I look at pictures of you and your precious smile, and trying to this letter to you!
1 John 11:4, it tells us: " Sickness well not end in death! No, it it for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified.." I know our awesome God has his plans. They may not be what we have envisioned or though! I know one day that we will be reunited with you in heaven. Your parents and sisters will be able to hold you and kiss you again! Until then, JR, we have our precious memories of you to fill our sorrowful hearts!
We love you and will miss you very much!
Deborah Dreher and Family

No comments: